Monday, September 2, 2013

Coffee and Textiles.




We - Justin especially - enjoyed a morning outing with Dieudonné, visiting from Burundi with his work for Street Action.  The trip took us to the Espresso Room, where we all humbly suffered through some truly fantastic drinks as part of Dieudonné's research for a café that the organisation is working towards.  Justin could certainly wax eloquent about the fruity hints and caramel notes, but I'm just here to post a few pictures.






Meanwhile, back at the ranch (i.e. Community House), I'm focusing on the upcoming yarn bomb that will be in connection with the neighbourhood's annual festival later this month.  Tomorrow is the first of three knit-ins at a pub down the street, and I'm expecting a mad success...though it sounds like there may be more drinkers than knitters.  But hey, community spirit isn't built by exclusion.  :)

I am ready to have my drawer empty.  A tip of the hat to Romans 8:22 -- the drawer is groaning in the labour pains of an upcoming yarn bomb...as are, occasionally, my shoulders.

Going for a rainbow theme...Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment